Friday, November 11, 2011

Preliminary Task- Our Idea

What We've been asked to do
For our preliminary task we have been asked to make a short film clip, no more than 1 minute long, that involves someone walking through a door, sitting down and having a conversation with someone. It can be any genre, but can only have actors that are not doing media at sawtry.

Deadlines
Pre-Production: 7th-18th November
Production Window: 19th-26th November
Post Production: 27th November-12th December
Presentation Day: 13th December

Who I'm with and my roles
For the task i am working with Tom Hughes. my roles in the team are Producer, Cameraman, Scriptwriter and Editor. However me and Tom are both Scriptwriting and Editing for the task.

What I hope to learn in the task
I hope to learn some new camera skills as i haven't used the camera for filming before. I also hope to develop my editiing skills and use new techniques that will improve our grade for the task. Finally, I would like to learn what it's like to be a producer, because I'm not really sure what they do at the moment.

Our Idea
Our main idea that we are going to use in our film is based on the Zodiac killer. The main plot is that the killer is arguing with his split personality, one good and one evil. The plan is that the audience think they're twins, this will provide a twist at the end. A girl passing by here's the arguament and comes into the room he's in to see whats going on. There she finds him on his own, raising the idea that he may be mental. He then goes to leave but is stopped by his split personality, the film will end with him being taken over by the evil side and claiming the girl as his next victim. This is good because the Zodiac kiler was never found so there is no definate idea of what he was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment